Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can your landlord shut off your water without notice?

the past couple of weeks our apartament complex has been working on a broken water line, our water has been shut of several times a week at random times of the day. the other day when I was in the shower the water shut off. I went outside mid shower to find out what was going on. the maintenance worker rudely told me to deal with it, and that the water will be back on in the evening when they are done digging out an underground pipe. I contacted my landlord by phone and wondered why they do not give us a notice that water will be shut off while they work on this project, she told me that they shut the water off because they had to replace a water heater. I'm not a plumber but I know well enough that you don't require a backhoe to replace a leaking water heater. I am still very upset about this and I know this will happen again in the future, there is still a lot of work left to be done here. how should I handle this kind of situation next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment